The City of Washougal has contracted Blackline, Inc. to apply a Slurry Seal to some city streets during the first week of July. If your street is affected, you will receive a door hanger with guidance on reducing the impact to your day. After the slurry seal is applied, the street will be closed to all traffic until this product cures which can take several hours.
The Slurry Seal will occur on the following dates*:
- Friday, July 1
Wednesday, July 6 Tuesday, July 12 (rescheduled due to rain)
*Dates are subject to change.
The slurry seal process is a 1-day event and will preserve your street for 5-7 years.
- Remove all personal property (e.g., vehicles/basketball hoops/dumpsters/trailers/RVs/etc.) from the street by 6:30 a.m. so that the sweeping and preparation can be completed prior seal.
- You may park in your driveway and have access to the road until 7:30 a.m.
- When first applied slurry seal is wet and sticky. Vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, CHILDREN AND PETS must be kept off streets until slurry seal is dry and the street is reopened. Slurry seal is very difficult to remove from all surfaces including skin and carpets.
- It will be necessary to CLOSE your or one of your access streets to driving, parking and foot traffic.
- Parking violators will be subject to towing.
- Driving to and from your driveway on the day of closure will be restricted.
- Your street will be open when the barricades at the ends of the street have been removed.
SCHEDULED MAP 2022 SLURRY SEAL PROJECT (click to enlarge)
Public Notice and Guidance (Click to enlarge)