Washougal City Hall will be undergoing interior construction work for the City Hall Security Improvements Project. The construction activity will disrupt our ability to serve walk-in customers, resulting in a temporary full closure of the building to the public. The construction work is set to begin on Monday, May 15 and is expected to last until Wednesday, May 31. The closure of City Hall will not impact other city facilities, such as the Permit Center or Police Station. The City Council worksession and regular meeting on May 22 will be held in the Council Chambers, as usual.
Although the full closure of City Hall may cause some inconvenience, we want to reassure our residents and visitors that customer service will continue with minimal interruption. The City has put in place measures to ensure that all necessary services will be available, and staff will be working diligently to ensure that there is no disruption to services.
During the closure, all City Hall services will be available by phone (360-835-8501), online at our website (https://cityofwashougal.us) or by email (email@example.com), and staff will be available to assist customers during regular business hours through these channels.
Utility Billing and Fee Payment Options During Closure
- Online payments are encouraged. Utility bills, cemetery fees, dog licenses and impound fees can be paid through the city’s online system at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/washougalwa.
- To make payments over the phone, please dial 833-209-4078.
- Mail payments to City Hall, 1701 C Street, Washougal, WA 98671.
- A drop box for payments and documents is located outside the building at 1701 C Street.
- Appointments can be made for in-person meetings at alternate locations if necessary.
City Hall Security Improvements Project
The front counter area of Washougal City Hall is set to undergo reconstruction, which will involve the installation of keyless security entry points and a service window to facilitate transactions. Pacific Tech Construction Inc. from Kelso, Washington was awarded the bid of $68,633 on February 27, 2023. This project was made possible through the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we work to improve our facilities.
For more information, please contact Daniel Layer, Finance Director at 360.835.8501 x503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.