Firework Safety, Sales and Discharge - New Year's Eve
Be fireworks safe!
The Fire Marshal’s Office and the Camas and Washougal Police Departments will have an increased presence during the fireworks season this year enforcing the fireworks laws as adopted by Camas and Washougal City Councils.
An ordinance passed in November 2017 by Washougal City Council changed the types of fireworks you can set off within city limits. Know Washougal’s legal changes on fireworks usage now in effect according to Washougal Municipal Code, Chapter 9.22.
Read about the proper disposal of fireworks from Clark County Public Health.
DATES OF PERMITTED SALE
December 29: 12pm-11pm
December 30: 12pm-11pm
December 31: 12pm-11pm
DATES OF PERMITTED USE
December 31: 6pm – January 1, 1am
“Safe and sane” fireworks are those that are neither projectile nor explosive—basically anything that doesn’t leave the ground.
- Snake-type fireworks
- Ground-spinning fireworks
- Most novelty fireworks
- Toy-trick noisemakers
- Some crackling items
Fireworks that fly, explode or travel more than one foot into the air or more than six feet on the ground.
- Aerial missiles and spinners
- Mortar-type fireworks
- Roman candle-types
- Any other device (combination or novelty) that is structurally or functionally similar
Violations will be punished with a civil infraction and by a fine of:
In addition to citations being issued, any illegal fireworks may be seized.
Have a safe and happy New year from the Camas-Washougal Fire Department and the City of Washougal!
- When can I purchase fireworks in Washougal?
- Where are the fireworks stands located in Washougal?
- If I buy fireworks in another area, like the county or another city, can I use them in Washougal?
- When should I call 911 regarding fireworks?
- When should I NOT call 911?
- What can happen if I get caught using illegal fireworks?
- Can I be held liable for damage and costs incurred in suppressing fires caused by use of fireworks, by myself or my child?