Vehicle Registration

Live In-State? Get Our Plates!Why to Register Your Car in Washington

Residents of Washougal failing to register their vehicles in Washington State are fraudulently evading their social responsibility to contribute to our community.

Get New Plates When Moving to Washington

  • You must get your Washington driver license, then register your vehicle(s). You have 30 days to do this after you've moved here. Failure to do so is an infraction subject to a fine of $529 (Revised Code of Washington [RCW] 46.16A.030[4]).
  • Resident definitions are established in RCW 46.16.140.
  • Registration of a vehicle in another state to avoid taxes and fees is a crime punishable as a first time offense by up to 364 days in jail and $1,529 in fines plus any delinquent taxes, fees, and applicable assessments (RCW 46.16A.030[6][a]).
  • Exemptions to instate vehicle registration are outlined in Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 308-99-040.
  • The Washougal Police Department will be actively on the look out to identify vehicles in violation of the law and respond with fines and/or jail time.

Registration Resources & Locations

  • Camas Auto License (Registration and Title)
    3252 NE 3rd Avenue
    Number 5
    Camas, WA 98607
    Phone: 360-835-2977
  • Eastside Auto License (registration and title)
    2011 SE 192nd Avenue
    Camas, WA. 98607
    Phone: 360-833-1717
  • Washington Department of Licensing Website