311 - Clark County Non-Emergency Law Enforcement

311 Non-Emergency Law EnforcementClark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA) is excited to announce a new number for the community to use to report non-emergency law enforcement issues. Citizens may now dial 311 to report any non-emergency problems. 311 should be used for things like abandoned vehicles, noise complaints, parking issues, or other routine complaints where safety is not an issue. All medical calls should still go to 911.

Historically, Clark County has had one number to call to connect with their local law enforcement. This meant that if you had a non-emergency complaint (like someone had stolen your bicycle overnight) you had no choice but to call 911 to report the crime. Beginning this month, community members can call 311 or 360-693-3111 to reach the 911 dispatchers. Using this line will help prioritize incoming calls at the 911 center and keep 911 open for emergencies.

Calling 311

When you call 311, you may be placed on hold or you may be placed in a queue. You may hear a recorded message with information about alternative numbers or resources you may use instead of waiting for a dispatcher. CRESA is busy place, serving as both the 911 answering point for all of incorporated and unincorporated Clark County and is also the dispatch center for local law enforcement and fire / emergency medical service (EMS) responders. Please be patient, as the same people answering 911 emergency calls and dispatching responders are the same people answering 311.

A few guidelines to follow when you decide if you want to call 911 versus 311:

  • Always use 911 for any fire and medical call, no matter how minor you think the medical complaint is.
  • Call 911 if your police complaints involves a gun, is a crime happening now, or a situation that needs police to prevent or stop an injury or property damage.
  • 311 is the alternate number to report non-emergency law enforcement related complaints.
  • If you are unsure, call 911 and we will get you the right help or refer you to the right resource.