A mechanical permit is required to install, alter, repair, replace or remodel per International Mechanical Code and (WMC) 15.04.020(7).
A mechanical permit is not required for the following per UMC Section 112.2:
- Portable heating, cooking, or clothes drying appliances
- Portable ventilating equipment
- Portable cooling unit
- Steam, hot or chilled water piping within heating or cooling equipment regulated by this code
- Replacement of any part which does not alter its approval or make it unsafe
- Portable evaporative cooler
- Self to contained refrigeration system containing 10 pounds or less of refrigerant and actuated by motors of one horsepower or less
- Portable fuel cell appliances that are not connected to a fixed piping system and are not interconnected.