The City of Washougal’s Water Division have contracted with Haag & Shaw Inc. to change out water residential water meters again this year. The project will run through September and will be moving through the east side of town in meter books 10, 15, 16, 17 and 19 on the attached Meter Reading Routes map. The work includes a cost free upgrade to increase remote meter-reading efficiencies.
What to expect:
- Changing the meter may require your water to be turned off for a short period of time (~15 minutes typically).
- If your meter is being fully replaced, the contractor will knock on your door to let you know before work begins.
- If you don't answer the door, the contractor will look at the meter to see if it is on; if it is on the contractor will come back another time.
- If the meter is off, the contractor will change out the meter.
- Upon changing the meter, the contractor will use an external hose bibb to flush any air from the line.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ryan Baker, Water/Wastewater Superintendent at 360-835-8501 ext. 204 or Pamela Chinn, Accounting Specialist, at 360-835-8501 ext. 504.