The City of Washougal Public Works Department is responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency and related federal, state and county directives and guidelines in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the community and our staff. We are all excited for the great summer weather and look forward to safely enjoying our beautiful park amenities.
Effective Friday, May 29, Sandy Swimming Hole Park is reopened. It is critical to continue to comply with physical distancing protocols during the upcoming warm weather forecast and to be respectful of our neighbors.
- Please do not park vehicles in the surrounding neighborhoods to access this park.
- Parking is prohibited on Shephard Road and citations will be issued for noncompliance.
- Parking is available in the off-street parking lot. If the lot is full, please plan to visit the park another time.
- Please pack in/pack out all trash.
- Alcohol is NOT allowed at any City of Washougal parks.
Park users are expected to follow physical-distancing and safety protocols including:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six-feet from other persons not from your household at all times.
- If you are not able to maintain physical-distancing guidelines while visiting a park, please go home and try to come again at another time.
As a reminder:
- All City of Washougal parks, trails and open areas remain open.
- All City of Washougal park restrooms will remain closed until further notice. We are working on enhanced sanitation protocols to allow us to re-open the restrooms.
- All play structures remain closed until further notice.
- Steamboat Landing Dock remains closed until further notice.
For the latest updates on the City of Washougal’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit cityofwashougal.us/COVID19.
We are grateful to the Washougal community for rising to the occasion during this pandemic and for demonstrating care for the health and safety of the community and our staff as we enjoy our great parks. For questions, please contact Michelle Wright, Interim Assistant Public Works Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.