The Washougal Parks Department began through receipt of a land donation along the Washougal River by the Hathaway family in 1910. Today, the City of Washougal has 19 parks and several acres of undeveloped open space. Washougal strives to augment recreationally deficient parkland and acquire ideal properties for future needs, while maintaining a high level of service for the public.
Creating Trails for Residents
Washougal residents consistently ask for off-street trails and support trail building workdays by cheerfully volunteering. Gradually, this developing system connects pedestrian corridors planned from Crown Road (West) to Sunset View (East). The City of Washougal envisions all Washougal parks connected together with a safe route, separate from motorized vehicles, and linked seamlessly with trail corridors of adjacent jurisdictions.